Every year when we make this cheesecake for the 4th of July, it’s gone before I can take a picture of it. So, last year I made sure to get a picture of it before anyone could scarf it down and it has been saved on my camera roll for over a year…and today it finally gets to make its big debut!
This no bake cheesecake is super simple to make and it takes about 30 minutes to prepare. ( I recommend that you prepare it a few hours ahead of time because it needs to sit in the fridge for about an hour before it’s ready to serve)
This cake is super light and it is sure to be the hit of your fourth of July BBQ!
Here are the ingredients:
1. 2 boxes of Jell-o Cheesecake Box
2. 4 oz cool whip
3. 1 2/3 c Milk
4. Fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
5. Homemade whipped-cream (16 oz. heavy whipping cream, 1/4 c + powdered sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla)
1. Thoroughly wash all berries and lay out on a paper towel to dry completely.
2. Stir crust mix, sugar, and butter and press on the bottom of a sprayed 9″x12″ glass pan.
3. Pour 1 2/3 cups of cold milk into medium bowl, add filling mix, and beat with hand mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
4. Add in cool whip and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes (filling will have a thick consistency)
5. Spoon into crust and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. While the cheesecake is in the refrigerator, we will make the homemade whipped-cream.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with a hand mixer on med-high speed until soft peaks start to form (about 4 minutes).
- Mix in powdered sugar to taste (about 1/4 cup) and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Carefully fold the powdered sugar and vanilla in, and then accelerate the speed to high for an additional 2 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- DO NOT OVERMIX OR IT WILL TURN INTO BUTTER
7. After an hour has passed, pull the cheesecake out of the refrigerator and top with whipped-cream and berries.
8. We always arrange the berries into a flag design (see picture for example)
If you’d like to take it even a step further, you can make this special 4th of July drink. We put ginger-ale, pink lemonade, and frozen blueberries and raspberries with ice in a pitcher and it makes the perfect refreshing drink.
One thought on “Super Simple Flag Cheesecake Recipe”